To join the Michigan Pops Orchestra, you will need to sign up for an audition. Auditions are held at the beginning of the fall term and a smaller round of auditions is held at the beginning of the winter term. Please also note that we do not provide instruments on a rental basis for our members. Each individual member is responsible for providing their own instrument throughout the concert season.
Audition dates for the fall will be posted soon, so please check back at a later date for more information!
- Two excerpts of contrasting styles and tempo (up to 2 minutes each).
- New Members: One scale of your choice.
- Returning Members: A scale of your choice & chromatic.
- Instruments that can audition: flute, piccolo, oboe, english horn, clarinet, bass clarinet, bassoon, french horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, percussion, harp, piano, violin, viola, cello, bass.
Why You Should Join!
- Pops is a community of musicians with diverse interests, all connected by our love of playing music.
- Be a part of the most fun concerts on campus! Check out past concerts in the archives section.
- Participate in publicity and outreach events around campus and the Ann Arbor community.
- There are opportunities to join a small ensemble.
- Feel the Pops Love, we're one big family!